|So I started off by making the go stones. Using a hole punch and some magnetic sheets, I punched out about 220 of each color. A fun way to spend any evening.|
|Then I cut the metal for the board using some thin pieces of sheet metal I got at home depot. I was able to do this with a razor blade to cut halfway through the sheet, and bending back and forth along the line until it broke off. Then I filed the corners round and sanded the rough edges. I think I should have worn a mask while doing this, because I got pretty sick for the next couple days (well, I'm not sure if that was the cause... but it would have been a good idea anyway).|
|I printed the designs I wanted onto some labels, and applied them to the metal pieces. The metal pieces turned out to be a bit too long - oops! That was because the labels were slightly shorter than the 8.5x11 sheet they were on. You should "measure twice, cut once" they say, but since I'm not gonna be selling this, it was good enough for me. After applying the labels, I laminated the set, and then glued on some bags for the stones. I'm planning to replace those with something more secure later....|
|Here's the finished go board!|
Folded up, the go set is roughly the height and width of a dollar bill, and a little thicker than a go stone.